City-wide organisations that are looking for volunteer support.
In addition to starting or joining a neighbourhood pod or mutual aid group or network, there are many other ways to help out at this difficult time.
- Spark Ontario and Volunteer Toronto are coordinating connections between organizations that need support and volunteers available to help out (including supporting remotely). Sign up at sparkontario.ca and volunteertoronto.ca
- Canadian Blood Services are looking for donors to avoid shortages due to social distancing.
- Kids Help Phone is looking for volunteers to staff their crisis text line.
- Chinese Canadian National Council is seeking volunteers for their mutual aid program, to support immigrant workers struggling with the effects of COVID19
- UofT Moriarty Lab is looking for scientists, Senior PhD students, and Post-Doctoral Fellows to volunteer for COVID-19-related research. Also looking for those willing to fill gaps anywhere whether scientific or non-scientific.
- Toronto Bike Brigade - A group of volunteers on bikes ready to deliver supplies and friendship to vulnerable people on behalf of community organizations or individuals in need.
- This collaborative community document lists many more Toronto-based groups, initiatives, and ideas for how we can support each other in this difficult time.